I should warn you though that this is an un-edited version and may change slightly!
Enjoy!
“Sweetheart, I don’t think either
one of us said ‘oh let me get involved in a relationship where I have no sense,
no filter for my feelings and no willpower’. Did you, because I didn’t?” I watch as he shrugs and rolls his hands
through his defensive speech. His
eyelids are blinking fast but not rapidly like when he’s nervous. He’s just passionate about what he’s
saying. “Becca, are you listening?” He waves his hand in front of my face.
“Yes,
sorry. I was watching a very hypnotic,
beautiful British man speak. He is a
very lovely man.” I lean forward on my
arms and look up at him with a smile.
“Oh
yeah? Do I detect a crush Ms.
Campbell?” He arches his brow.
“Crushes
are for school girls Mr. James.” I sigh
nonchalantly.
“Very
well then Ms. Campbell, what do you think it is?” He leans on his arms as well.
“I
think he’s drugging me; truth be told.”
I say secretively.
“No! What gives you that idea Ms. Campbell?” He sounds shocked matching my secretive
disposition.
“Well,
every time he comes around me, I get completely intoxicated by his smell. I can’t think straight and I find myself
following all of his commands. Once I’m
away from him, my thoughts are clear again.
What do you make of that?”
“Ms.
Campbell, you’re on to something. He is
definitely drugging you!” He taps his
pointer finger on the table for emphasis.
“What
do you think it is? What drug is
it?” I sit up alarmed.
“Love!” He points into the air to make it a matter of
fact. “It’s crazy, maddening and
intoxicating love! Yes . . . yes, I’ve
heard of this type of love before. Tell
me Ms. Campbell. Does your heart beat
fast?”
“Yes!”
“Do
you feel, what people call, butterflies in your stomach?”
“Up
to my throat in them.”
“Do
your knees get weak?”
“I’ve
passed out!”
“Is
your breathing erratic?”
“Only
around him.”
“Do
you find yourself unable to stop your thoughts about him the moment you’re away
from him?”
“Yes! It’s quite annoying.”
“Yes,
I’m afraid this is a very dangerous situation you’ve got yourself in. Believe me, I know!” He widens his eyes and taps at the table
again.
“Well,
how do you know Mr. James?” I reach for
his arm.
“I
suffer from the same ill fate.”
“No! Is she British as well?”
“Worse!—She’s
American! I’ve been behaving erratically
ever since I’ve met her.”
“No! Mr. James, what are we to do?” I look down and shake my head.
“I
don’t know Ms. Campbell.” He grabs my
hands, his thumb caressing the back of them.
“We’ll just have to stick together.
Help each other. Eventually a
plan of action will present itself.” He
brings my hands up to his lips. His eyes
close. He seems sad. I lean forward and kiss his mark softly. He turns his head and captures my lips. I kiss him once . . . twice . . . mmm. Damn
rules.
No comments:
Post a Comment